Love daily deal sites? The Groupon app makes cashing in on those deals so much easier.
The Recapp Rating
||Get Groupon! + Add to Favs|
If you love daily deals, you’re probably already familiar with Groupon. If not, well, where in the world have you been?
With Groupon, you sign up to have access to both local and national deals each day. Groupon issues multiple coupons daily that you can buy to receive a serious discount on whatever’s on offer—from restaurant outings to teeth whitening to archery lessons to romantic getaways.
The mobile app is designed to make actually getting your deal a whole lot easier. First up, the app lets you browse available deals. Once you’ve made a purchase, you can use the app to pull up your coupon, complete with barcode, which means all you have to do is show your phone at the establishment rather than print a coupon. The app will also provide you with directions to the business in your area using Google Maps, so you can find it with minimal difficulty.
The app has several sections you can check out to browse available deals:
- Nearby: Enable Groupon access to your GPS location to see current deals that are available close to you.
- Groupon’s Best: These are the most popular deals (trust us, they’re popular for a reason).
- Featured: You’ll find promoted deals here (vendors have the option to pay an extra fee to be included in this section).
- Goods: This catalog shows deals on things like clothing, jewelry, nutritional supplements and home goods.
- Just For You: Based on what you’ve searched for and purchased in the past, this section displays recommended offers.
- Getaways: Yes, there are even offers on travel packages! Find everything from local weekend retreats to African safaris, depending on the day’s deals.
To make things easier to search, you can view deals in a list or by location on a map. Or, if you know exactly what you want, just type in a few search terms. The UI is very clean and makes the app simple to use!
To receive daily deals in your inbox, include your email address in your profile and sign up for deal notifications by city. If you decide to buy offers in-app, inevitably you will have to put in your credit card information. For protection, you can opt for a passcode to be required every time you make a purchase. You can also share deals with friends through Twitter, Facebook, text message and email.
A great way to save money, the Groupon mobile app really is a must for fans of the coupon service—or fans of paying less than full price. And who does that not include?
*This app was tested on an Apple iPhone 5s.
Reviewed: Feb 20, 2014 | Nefertete King